[Mg-t] MG TF Battery size

Dick Dell rddell at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 5 13:47:01 MDT 2010

I have had similar experiences in the past with Interstate and Sears
Diehard.

I have had many failures of the Diehards and always excellent service from
the Interstates. About 10 years ago there was an excellent comparison by
Consumer Reports that showed Interstate at the very top by a wide margin and
Diehard in dead last.

For curiosity, I just went to Consumer Reports today and checked the latest
battery comparison. There were some surprises in there. First of all, they
had comparisons by battery size (group). (Sorry I can't send a link, it's a
members only report.)

For the group 65 and group 34, the Diehard Platinum came in at the top! Of
course the cost at $190 is about double the average cost. The standard
Diehards came in dead last with some of the worst ratings.

Interstate Megatron Plus came in number 1 for the group 24 batteries but the
lower priced Interstate came in last with a 'poor' rating.

One of the few batteries rated 'best buy' with excellent performance and
reasonable cost was the Kirkland Signature 12866. This battery is only sold
through Costco. Anyone have experience with this battery?

Dick Dell