[Mg-t] MG TF Battery size

JohnD johnsfolly at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 21:49:20 MDT 2010

I have used Interstate and the Costco batteries (Kirkland) in a variety of
cars and had excellent results. But I just replaced the battery in my TD
with an absorbed glass mat (AGM) battery to avoid any problems with gassing
and corrosion on the firewall. When I shopped, the Optimas and Odyssey
batteries had really gone up in price. I noticed that Westco, who market AGM
motorcycle batteries made by Panasonic, have a small battery designed for
the Mazda Miata (thank you Moss advertising flyer!).  I did a google search
and went with the lowest price I could find in a Westco Miata battery. It's
the size of a lunch box, has sufficient CCA for a T-car, and takes up so
little space I have the balance of the battery box for carrying a quart of
oil, bottle of gas additive, and miscellaneous other stuff. I sprayed the
battery black and stuck a Lucas sticker on it. It's not the way to treat a
show car but it seemed like a good use of space and technology.
John Deikis
Chelsea, MI

--
Racing in the Past Lane!