[Mg-t] FOR SALE: 1949 MG- TC7812

Mark Stolzenburg stolzy40 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 27 19:36:33 MDT 2010

Before I list TC 7812 on eBay and Craig's List, I thought I
would put the car on a couple MG enthusiast list. I believe
this will provide list members and their
friends and acquaintances the chance to have a first-look at
the car. I prefer doing this because I would favor the car
going to an MG enthusiast rather than
to local brokers who are currently hounding me. So here goes
at the risk of offending some.
Below is a brief write-up on the car. There are also
pictures and a write-up in the gallery on the mg-tabc.org
website. If interested, please contact me
off-list at: stolzy40 at sbcglobal.net

* 1949 MG TC, Serial number TC 7812, "Home" model.
* 2-1/2 year restoration to pristine condition.
* Painted Shires Green with biscuit colored interior and
leather seats.
* Includes side curtains, 1/2 tonneau, and custom-made
Stayfast top.
* Tool kit with tool roll, jack with handles, hand crank,
and accessory trouble light
included.
* Instruments sent to England for restoration by John Marks.
* Instrument Panel including choke, slow running, and
starter cables restored by Craig
Seabrook of The Whitworth Shop.
* Powder coated 19" wire wheels.
* Wheel cylinders restored by Joe Curto, Inc.
* Lever Shock Absorbers restored by Peter Caldwell @ World
Wide Auto Parts of Madison Inc.
* Wiring harness by British Wiring Inc.
* Documented Provenance that includes: Copy of original
registration number LMA 183 from the
Cheshire County Counsel dated 2-18-1949; Copy of Warranty
showing TC 7812 was produced 2-3-1949;
Original Bill of Lading showing shipment from London to NYC
dated Sept. 1964; Pictures and
history from owner who imported TC in 1964; Pictures and
history from owner who started
restoring TC in 1975; and much more.
* Winner of several awards including:
Concours d' Elegance at Forrest Park (Easter Sunday);
European Car Show; GOF (Gathering of the
Faithful) Central XXV at Lake Geneva, WI; NEMGTR GOF 77;
Chairman's Award and 1st Place at the All
British Car Show, St. Louis; and many, many, more.
Thanks,
Mark Stolzenburg
St. Louis, Missouri, USA