[Mg-t] Tappet cover hold down bolts

John F. Quilter jquilter at peoplepc.com
Sat Jun 12 13:22:43 MDT 2010

Question for those in the know:  I am trying to identify some brass bolts I
have and if they are for the T series tappet cover.  The bolts have a 3/16
whitworth head with an intrigral  shoulder washer.  They measure 1.5 inch
overall length, a 3/8th diameter and they are threaded on the inside.  They do
not fit my TD which has an aftermarket aluminum side cover and uses a similiar
bolt with a 1/4 whitworth head.  Could these be different than the stock bolts
with the pressed steel cover?

John F. Quilter
Brisbane, California