[Mg-t] Parking light bulbs

Mike Eldred redscirocco at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 06:56:04 MDT 2011

I use Napa Gold 1300 filters.  They come with the three gaskets, but I've
never had a problem fitting the right one (the middle-sized one), except when
there was already a gasket in there.

A few years back I was having trouble getting the gasket to seal.  I knew I
had put in the right gasket, and I knew I had taken out the old gasket.
Nonetheless, the problem turned out to be an old gasket stuck in the groove.
I don't know if it had been in there for years and I just never had the
problem before, or if I actually didn't take out a gasket in the first place.
At any rate, I got a nice oil undercoating that day.
By the way, the easiest way I've found to probe for a gasket and get out a
stubborn gasket is with a pushpin.  Just stick it in, and if you hit metal,
you're fine.  If it sticks into the gasket, simply pull it out.

-Mike Eldred
1954 MG TF
'73 Midget