[Mg-t] TD shifter rattle

spook01@comcast.net spook01 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 27 12:08:29 MDT 2011

Hi guys,
To remove the pins, first carefully grind off the peening (i suggest a dremel tool).
Then buy a cheap, then chisel and sharpen it, the grind down the sides so it fits into the groove on the shifter ball.  Careful tapping with a small hammer, and some prying with the chisel will remove the pins without damaging anything.
You can peen over the new ones by using a ball peen hammer.  Use the round peening ball end.
If you've boogered up the hole, the silver thread lock will work up to a point.  After that, you're in test pilot territory.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone