[Mg-t] Ignition lamp

Lawrie Alexander lawrie at britcars.com
Sat Mar 26 15:35:16 MST 2011

John,

The repro lamps that Moss sells look very like what you are describing. The
bulb is  a screw-base bulb but, instead of screwing into the socket, it
screws into the spring that you see in your socket. Actually, the bulb and
spring can be removed as a unit. The bulb is held in simply by screwing the
lens and bezel onto the lamp. The center terminal of the bulb hits the
contact you saw at the bottom of your socket; the ground is provided by the
spring wrapped around the bulb and touching the sides of the socket.

Lawrie