[Mg-t] Clean engine water galleys

PopeyMike at aol.com PopeyMike at aol.com
Sat Feb 16 03:40:28 MST 2013

Sending another request - Need advise

Have had to pull XPAG engine out of my 53 TD

Cylinder head rebuilt formerly by a real amateur - used different diameter
valves in every cylinder. Found this because the head gasket gave out and
water  got in oil.

Now to clean the engine block water passages & seperately oil passages
need your collective advise.

Is it wise to use phosphoric acid in the water galleys? Does it have to be
neutralized afterwards and with what solution? Or is it enough just to
massively  flush out the acid?

Is it better to use a caustic solution such as sodium hydroxide (Draino
crystals) - and does this need to be neutralized or just flushed?

I read about some passage way that needs cleaning behind one of the freeze
plugs - any info on this?

How much does the XPAG engine weigh?

Is it safe to lift it with the head bolts without doing damage to the head
bolts?
OR

Do you have to use a sling under the oil pan?  Will pressure on the  oil
pan not weaken the pan gasket seal?

Thanks for your help

Michael Balahutrak
53 TD