[Mg-t] TD running board treads

Rick Lindsay richardolindsay at gmail.com
Sun May 12 11:48:58 MDT 2013

Hi Friends,

My TD's running boards are in good shape but of course, they'll get painted with the rest of the car. B And the aluminum strips are in good condition...and riveted on. B  There is no rust at the strips. This leads me to the question; Do I drill out the rivets and install the new Al strips, OR, just use the strips I have after media blasting? B They will be matte aluminum after media blasting BUT, the new strips I have now are also matte finish! B I'm thinking I should leave them in place, mask them off before primer and paint, then install the new rubber treads after the paint cures. B

Thoughts? B Advice? B Thanks.

-rick
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII - the rectangle with rounded corners, just like a BlackBerry.