[Mg-t] Electric fan

Stuart Keen simbafish at comcast.net
Tue May 14 12:20:56 MDT 2013

I can vouch for the fact that the 7 blade plastic MGB fan is a direct
replacement. I installed one about 10 years ago and have been contented with
the radiator9s performance ever since. It is much lighter and therefore
possibly less wear and tear on bearings, bushings etc. The only problem is
that it9s Bright Yellow! My TD (MKII) runs all over Florida in peak summer
(ambient 95+ deg F) and the water rarely exceeds 87 dg C. The only time it
has exceeded that was ten years ago driving across the Mojave Desert in
October. The ambient temperature in the shade was 110 deg F, and the TD9s
water exceeded 100 deg C (boiling) - resulting in a hole in #2 piston.

Stu Keen
1951 MG TD Mk II