[Mg-t] History of the XPAG engine

Ulla & Sven Ordell bispmotala at hotmail.com
Tue May 28 12:32:01 MDT 2013

Friends
Good Daid nearly full points.
Not quite as I remember and as far as I can check the history. In essential
yes, but

	/The overhead cam engines used in the early MGs all were this
strange combination of French Metric threads with Whitworth 	heads./

The MMM overhead cam engines were not a Morris design but a Wolseley one
before Morris bought the Wolseley works, thus all threads are "BSF related"
not Si metric. The inspiration for those OHC was another effect from WW1
when Wolseley built Hispano-Suiza aero engines.

	/In 1936 MG adapted a Wolseley overhead valve engine for the new
series MG, the TA/

That engine however was a Morris design, the Wolseley adaption came later,
and that uses the French SI metric threads and was developed into the XPAG
It was built at Morris engines branch (or whatever the old Hotchkiss factory
might have been called at that time).