[Mg-t] Rear Shock bush replacment

Larry Shoer LarryShoer at comcast.net
Tue Feb 4 17:14:04 MST 2014

Doug,

I'm afraid I don't have good news to report.  After several years of
good service, one of my shock links popped out of the rubber bushing.  I
attribute this to the fact that I used bushings from Apple Hydraulics,
not the bushings from Moss.  The Apple bushings were more easily
inserted into the sockets but, ultimately, did not have the holding
power of the Moss bushings.  The Moss bushings, which look more like a
donut (before installation), are exceedingly difficult to insert into
the socket and then to insert the link into the bushing.

Knowing that I had given it my best effort in the notes you reference, I
finally decided to send the shock absorber components to World Wide Auto
Parts (http://www.nosimport.com/) to have the correct bushings
installed.  I know that Peter has custom tooling to install the
bushings, so I took advantage of his expertise.

It was suggested to me that K-Y Jelly is one of the better lubricants to
install the rubber bushings.  I'm not commenting further....

Good luck.

Larry