[Mg-t] MG TD progress

Rick Lindsay richardolindsay at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 07:19:16 MST 2014

Hi Friends,

I have been surprisingly quiet lately. That's because my TD project went on hold for a bit while parts were ordered, then back-ordered. At the same time, my Volvo 1800ES came home from the paint shop and its been begging for attention.

As of a couple of days ago, the last of the parts arrived so I'm ready to go back to the TD. That is my plan once the cold weather passes later today. Right now its 33F but forecast to go to 60F by the afternoon. That's more than good enough to get me into the garage.

Congestion has been another issue. I have a 3-car garage integral to my home with FOUR cars in it! The TD, Volvo and Cayman are narrow enough to pack in snuggly leaving room for my wife's Highlander - as long as no one wants to open more than the Toyota's driver door!B

Surprisingly, this sardine-packing has worked okay. The TD is sitting on wheel castors so with the Cayman and SUV pulled out, I just push the TD sideways giving lots of room to work on both project cars. Of course, none of these words address Nancy's opinion of the whole mess! She's tolerant, bless her kind heart.

Happy Saturday, my friends!

-rick