[Mg-t] Cost of Side Curtain Plastic/Plastic Replacement?

mgbob at juno.com mgbob at juno.com
Wed May 6 18:28:05 MDT 2015

Hi Mike,  It's a DIY job that takes about an hour. It's quicker to DIY than to have someone do it.   A top shop, marine or auto, should be able to supply the plastic.  To replace, simply undo the nuts on inside of the metal frame, push outward the T-head bolts, then lift off canvas and the broken plastic. Use a hand-grip paper hole punch to make the new holes in new plastic, fit into the canvas, insert the bolts and tighten the nuts. $20 perhaps--it's not a significant thing. Anyone who has followed the side curtain stowage  instructions in handbook for TDs whose car has a three-bow top has done this.Bob