[Mg-t] Discussion?

Wayne Francis whfrancis at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 17 17:24:51 MDT 2016

All -   As I slowly progress in the re-assembly of my early ('50) TD I will solicit the wisdom of the group on a few topics:
(1)  I just sent my Jaeger, flat-face, chronometric speedo to Mo-Ma for refurbishment ($!).  Interestingly, it reads in km/hr vice miles/hr.  Any idea why a British car would have a km/hr speedo, and how rare is it?
(2)  For those who have converted to wire wheels do we assume that the Moss spare wheel adapter is the default conversion?  Has anyone run into an alternative adapter for the spare wheel, or is there a more "creative" way to do it?
(3)  When I completed the dis-assembly of the car sometime around mid 80's I noted that the big end of the steering gaiter did not have a clamp, but had a loop of wire tightened around the rubber with a neat little twist to finish it off.  Amongst my old parts that I'm going through I actually found the original wire clamps that I had saved for "originality".  The small end of the gaiter had the usual, but early design, screw-clamp.  Any ideas how common or unusual the wire clamp is?  I'm pretty sure it's original and very nicely done.
(4)  I've noted that the color scheme shows the "hinge" connecting the lower seat cushions to the seat back is painted black.  Mine were never painted, and are just cadmium (?) plated.  Is this unusual?
   Hoping for some discussion/answers on these as the list seems quiet lately.
Thanks,WayneOjai, CA