[Mg-t] Back at it

Richard Lindsay richardolindsay at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 20:43:02 MDT 2017

Hello Friends,

   Just sharing a few pictures. I've re-started work on the '53 TD. Here's
the story.

   Yes, today I restarted work on the '53 MG TD. Earlier you may have seen
a picture of the engine assembled. Here it is today with the air cleaner
removed.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20170406_152103.jpg

   The front carburetor is on the bench, partially disassembled with
various bits in the ultrasonic cleaner (with hot water and Dawn Dishwashing
Detergent).

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20170406_160843.jpg

   While those parts were in the cleaner, I began soaking the totally
gummed up throttle. Its soaking in penetrating oil before going in the
cleaner.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20170406_160851.jpg

   Here's the engine with the front carb off. As we all know, its important
to address one carb at a time since the parts are machined together, and
therefore, not interchangable.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20170406_160904e.jpg

   And that's where things sit this evening. I've only spent about an hour
on the engine, so far. Earlier, I cleaned the paint. Well, a preliminary
cleaning. It needs a good session with the clay bar!

   That's it.

-rick, in Houston