[Mg-t] TC air cleaner

Jonathan Hermance jhermance at earthfax.com
Fri Mar 17 11:08:38 MDT 2017

Sarah,My 1948 TC/exu/7409 came to me with 60s hot rod air cleaners. The front air cleaner was too thick and was  wearing through the bonnet due to engine/bonnet vibration. I was feeling cheap at the time and didn't want to afford the original style air cleaner and aluminum manifold parts etc. I purchased two MOSS 223-100 Vintage Style Chrome Air Filters now at $44.99 each. To make the new thin front air cleaner fit I had to put a slight kink in my existing R/H radiator stay bar MOSS 451-760 so there was about 1/8" clearance per side of the stay bar between the carburetor body and the back of the new air cleaner. The result was no more bonnet wear, a pleasant (to me) amount of air intake sound under acceleration, and perfectly decent though not stock under-bonnet appearance.JonSLC, UT