[Mgb-v8] Fwd: Shortened water pump

graytesla at aol.com graytesla at aol.com
Thu Aug 28 11:57:41 MDT 2008

Barrie,

First, thanks for the quick response. However, I'm still not sure my question was understood.

I've looked at the picture of the?modified water pump and?a 3 inch thick unit?would indeed benefit my application.

As you stated it appears that the body of the water pump has been machined on its "engine side" and that the protruding nose of the shaft have been machined off. The water pump pulley mounting flange has been pressed toward the body of the pump and the overall change offers a considerable savings in length.??

Now for the difficulty.??Since the pulley?mounting flange has been moved toward the engine and with the pump body itself machined to reduce its overall thickness, the pulley, when mounted, would be in a different plan than the crankshaft drive pulley.... unless I'm missing something. Such a misalignment would induce drive belt flip off.? Can you enlighten me further? I am trainable.

Darius