[Mgb-v8] For the sake of clarity (Shortened water pump)

GrayTesla at aol.com GrayTesla at aol.com
Sat Aug 30 09:09:43 MDT 2008

<<"...originally it was stated that no change in either pulley was needed. "

Still looking for that reference.

Carl>>

Carl,

I'm not sure what the words, "No change to pulley" would convey to you but
when Barrie posted those words and then added, "The unit is just made shorter by
machining the body  back and machining out for the bearing and cutting the
axle back and retaining the thing onto which the pulley is bolted"  the clear
impression to me, David and possibly others, was that there were no custom
pulleys needed.  THAT is the reference.

I hope this clears the matter of WHERE to find the reference (See complete
original message below).

You may have missed that posting or you may have read it differently but
please understand that for some of us we took the words literally.

The pictures you posted cleared the matter for me and I believe Barrie's
shortened pump to be a very worthwhile addition for those who encounter clearance
problems. The intent is not, and was not, to argue or disparage, but simply to
inquire for the sake of clarity. My Inquiry has been satisfied and by way of
this posting I certainly hope yours has been as well.

Darius