[Mgb-v8] So that we can all stay on the same page - here is what I sent Barrie today

GrayTesla at aol.com GrayTesla at aol.com
Sat Aug 30 11:58:19 MDT 2008

<<Carl is right - no mention was made stating that the plane remained
the same.  It was said that the pulley remains the same - this is NOT
the same as the plane.>>

Barrie, the pictures show that the water pump pulley DOES NOT remain the
same. That difference is what affords the shortened pump to not protrude, yet have
the drive portion, the groove, stay aligned.

No, I am not a MG owner and if my asking question here is uncomfortable for
some I apologize. If as a non-MG 215 owner I am on the wrong forum please let
me know.

Barrie, I hope my note (For the Sake of Clarity) has shed light on why there
was confusion for some of us. Now, I say it here for the third time: you are
to be commended for this wonderful innovation -- HOWEVER, the words you
original wrote obviously caused some confusion. There is not harm in that and no
blame being place. People simply wish to understand the details. You may not be as
directly involved with the actual mechanics as some of us but questions of
pulleys and plane alignment can be significant matters.

Again, no one is trying to disparage you. Please afford those of us who read
your note literally the same curtesy. I'll now go quietly into that dark night.

Darius

deal here.