[Mgb-v8] extra rods?

James J. m1garandusa at verizon.net
Thu Mar 13 21:20:51 MST 2008

Anybody have any extra 215/3.5 rods they are willing to part with?  My
machinist is really excellent, but I was giving him a few piece-parts at
a time to work with, and he accidentally bushed the small ends of my
rods to free-float, even though the pistons I'm using free float also,
requiring the gudgeon pin to be press-fit into the rods.

So, I need to start over with some new rods, or find a new piston that
can lock the pin in place.

Right now I'm using a 3.9L with Ford 255 pistons on a 300 crank.  Anyone
know of any other pistons that will swap into this recipe?  Nobody (that
I know of) makes anything other than stock, cast 255 pistons, which
don't use retaining clips to hold in the pin.  I don't want to go the
route of custom pistons, because of the price (compared to
standard-dimension pistons, or buying a set of rods off of you guys)

Thanks!
James Jewell