[Mgb-v8] SD1 gearbox oil pump

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Thu Sep 11 07:05:18 MDT 2008

Richard,

Thank you muchly for your response.

Based on your input and advice from all the V8 bodies I am leaving
the gear box well alone but will refill with Amsoil ATF.  I have no
idea why I have chosen Amsoil except that I have heard good things
about their other products.  When I bought a Maserati Biturbo the 2nd
gear was grindy and the dealership put in synthetic because some
other manufacturer (Alfa?) had found it cured the problem - and it cured mine!