[Mgs] Speaking of engine removal.....

James Nazarian james.nazarian at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 22:08:49 MDT 2007

FWIW, I used this method a few times.  The last time I used it, the engine
got snagged on something and when I gave the hoist a slight tug (didn't know
it was snagged yet) the rear valve cover stud snapped off and dropped the
engine back into the engine bay.

My dad cut a piece of 2x4 that slipped over the studs to keep them from
bending, and then put his brackets on top of that.  Personally, ever since
dropping an engine, I've attached the brackets to the front and rear head
studs with the head still attached.

james