[Mgs] Moss Big Brake Kit

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 2 01:53:10 MDT 2007

It isn't going to improve your stopping performance, and may even reduce it.
As long as the existing brakes will lock the wheels on dry tarmac with
progressive pressure they are working fine and 'bigger' brakes won't change
that.  It's the tyre to road contact patch that determines maximum
performance, so unless you change the tyre compound and/or contact area as
well you won't gain anything.  And if the 'bigger' front brakes mean that
you can lock the fronts with less pedal pressure, then that means less
hydraulic pressure to the rears, and so *lower* braking performance overall.

If your existing brakes can't lock the wheels, then there is something wrong
with them, so fix that.

PaulH.