[Mgs] using remote starter on 69 MGC

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 23 15:10:48 MDT 2007

Does the C have a separate solenoid? If I recall correctly, the switch
essentially just jumps the two lugs on the starter. Make sure to ground the
distributor lead, and remove the spark plugs.

It seems to me that some hand rotation is still required -- you can't count
on it stopping exactly where you want it. I used to use a remote switch, or
the push button on the solenoid before I converted to a late model starter.
But now I use a wrench on the crank nut -- it's just the most precise
method, and better for your back than pushing the car around (mine is on
dirt -- YMMV).

I just read the post about jacking a rear wheel. My question is, how do you
know when the valve is at the right spot? It seems to me you'd be running
back and forth constantly. Hard to make fine adjustments, unless you have an
assistant.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149