[Mgs] using remote starter on 69 MGC

bmcspares at aol.com bmcspares at aol.com
Mon Jul 23 15:27:45 MDT 2007

Jim,

I find that the remote starter switch spins the engine too fast.? I recommend that you pull all of the spark plugs and put the car in reverse (or 3rd gear) and "bump"?? slowly move the car backwards (forward if in 3rd gear) and the valves will turn over nicely.? Remember that when you subtract the number of the valve (from the front) from 13 and you adjust the corresponding valve thats up... so when number 6 valve (number 3 cylinder) you adjust #7 valve.? Hope this helps. This is the manner in which we adjust them in the shop.

Jon Nyhus
British Motor Classics, Ltd.
Phoenix AZ