[Mgs] Gear shift knob

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Thu Apr 1 06:39:48 MST 2010

Folks,

Thanks for the many responses.   The difference between the knob and
gear sift knob is very very small.  I do not want to drill it out
because I might damage the wood (it is gorgeous - recommend all
should get one - go look at the selection!).   Although the knob has
a hard finish I do not think it will take kindly to a vice.  Perhaps
I should make a sort of cup to hold it firm while I drill
gently.  Another suggestion is to use a rubber sleeve and this has
merit because I only need something like 1/64.  A sleeve would act as
a vibration buffer - not that Astons have vibrations (-:.      So
that is my first attempt, cup holder next............and go look at
Larry Heap's knobs (alright, alright, settle down class!!!!)