[Mgs] wanted

The Roxter rocknatural at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 18:24:56 MST 2010

Chad Cooper wrote:
> I was just referencing the efficiency of the new automatics, track time was
> just an example.  Autos used to be sluggish and needed more engine to make
> up for the weight.  The gearhead argument used to always be that the autos
> were slow and lacked power and a real muscle car had to have a manual
> transmission.  The auto transmissions have improved greatly in strength and
> efficiency.
I attended a Japanese Car manufacturer's competition day in 2004. I'm an expert Mini racer, so I figured I would be able to drive their front-wheel drive cars well. I was wrong. The action of the auto transmission was so delayed it was very hard to drive them. I'm used to the instant action of a standard. It was necessary to shift way early in order to be on time with changes. I hated that.

-Rocky Frisco