[Mgs] Shear Bolt Removal

Steven Trovato strovato at optonline.net
Fri Oct 21 18:03:02 MDT 2011

I never did this on an MG, but the last time I used a drill to remove
the heads.  Once they were gone, the lock assembly could be
removed.  Then the remains of the bolts could be removed by hand, as
they lived in a clean and dry environment.  If I was doing it again,
I would try a left hand drill bit.  They might just unscrew just from
that.  Of course, this was all on something Japanese, so I may be all
wrong if MGs are substantially different.

-Steve Trovato
strovato at optonline.net