[Mgs] confessions of a LBC lover

Paul Root ptrmgb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 17:40:29 MDT 2012

We're out of town at my brothers this week And I drove his non-MG  lbc that
will remain nameless (ok, its a 1980 and  starts with a T and ends with a 7!).
Thing is I really like the  car. Always have.

Anyway, something strange is happening with the brakes.  He notice a little
clunking noise, that seemed to come from the front left.  Then a pulsing
coming from the brakes.

I drove it home, and didn't have the noise or the pulse on the first  braking.
However the next time it did make huge pulsing, almost like grinding, like
there was a chunk out of the rotor. Then we got on the highway for 3 miles
staying on the right, and probably not getting above 60. I costed down the
offramp and then the pulse was gone. And the mile and a half home on surface
roads, sill no pulsing or noise.  It's almost as if something was in the
brakes and fell out.

We don't have time tonight to pull the wheel tonight. I'm sure he'll get to it
soon though.