[Mgs] brake fluid

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Thu Oct 25 16:17:05 MDT 2012

If you mean, is it glycol-based or silicone-based, I suppose you could
remove a sample, place it in a glass container, and drip some water into it.
If it is absorbed (if it mixes in when you stir it), it is glycol. If it
does the oil-and-water thing and refuses to mix, it is silicone.

Be aware I am proposing this out of my knowledge of chemical principles -- I
have never tried it with an actual sample.

I can't think of any way of distinguishing between DOT 3 and DOT 4 glycol
fluid, but it wouldn't really matter, if you just flushed and refilled.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149