[Mgs] Autumn

Rick Lindsay richardolindsay at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 07:00:50 MDT 2013

Hi Friends,B

My recent trip to Philadelphia reminded me that autumn is just around the corner, although at 93 degrees here in Houston, you couldn't prove it by me!B

Autumn is my favorite season, B especially in the early morning when there's 'frost on the pumpkin'. Great driving weather, especially in an open sports car, all bundled up with jacket, scarf, cap and gloves. I especially like the country roads strewn with colored leaves - to be avoided when wet and breaking with skinny tires.B

Sports car engines love oxygen-rich cold, dense air. It seems to make them come alive. There's just something special about a perfectly purring engine under a blue sky and bright sun, with white exhaust steam condensing in the cold air.

But alas, there are very few of those days here on the south coast. Still, one can drive, top down, all winter long. Not a bad trade off, I guess.

-rick, waxing poetically this morning