[Mgs] MkII deluxe brake components

Clayton Kirkwood crk at godblessthe.us
Sun Jun 7 15:47:28 MDT 2015

Hi. I have a MGA Mk II deluxe, but either it came with MkII brakes, or
somebody replaced the Twin Cam/MkII deluxe caliper with a MkII caliper. I
noticed in the Moss catalog that no replacement is available for the MkII
deluxe caliper. Is it likely that the deluxe came out with just regular MkII
calipers to begin with? In looking at my calipers, rotors and pads it
appears that the front brakes haven't been working in a while: the pads
don't look they have seen any action, the rotors are a little rusty with
virtually no wear down from the extreme outer  section of the rotor, the
caliper pistons look encrusted as they sit at the caliper, and there are
spider webs and light debris that I thought would have been burnt off if the
pistons were making contact upon pressure of the brakes.

If this is true, I doubt that I will be able to break the pistons free and
will have to order complete new calipers.

Any thoughts??

TIA,

Clayton