[Mgs] MGB Question

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Fri Mar 3 00:25:41 MST 2017

The narrow groove near tail end of the camshaft is a snap ring
groove.  The snap ring would secure a mechanical tach drive gear for
the 3-main bearing engines pre-1964.  There should also be a
longitudinal groove, in that area for a woodruff key.  Post 1963
5-main bearing engines did not have the mechanical tach drive, so
those parts are omitted.  Camshafts are otherwise all the same so one
size fits all.