[Mgs] FW: High priced V8

Jim Ray jimray at hartcom.net
Sat Aug 17 10:43:27 MDT 2019

I agree with Barrie in every respect except the original MGB V8 came
with twin SU HIF6 carburetors instead of Webers , had a compression
ratio of 8.26 : 1 and the same camshaft that was in the Rover version of
the 3.5 engine. This is based on two sources, the MGB GT V8 Workshop
Manual Supplement and personal observations of Barry Rosenberg's
original right-hand drive car he imported from England.

Jim Ray

1980 MGB V8 conversion