[Mgs] 1957 MGASpin on oil filter

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Fri Mar 8 03:26:24 MST 2019

Is that for a spin-on oil filter?  To me that is where the filtration media comes inside a metal can and you exchange the whole thing, which screws onto a threaded piece on the adapter.  Attached is an MGB item where the filter screws down onto the adapter.  Your pictures look like the earlier MGB item with the over-pressure relief valve as part of the adapter.  With those the replaceable filter element  goes inside a reused metal container, and a long bolt goes up through the whole thing into the adapter.

PaulH.