[Mgs] Quiet, and OT

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Sat Sep 28 02:15:21 MDT 2019

Covering with anything (other than air ...) is going to risk the same think happening again.  Dragging a cover over a car that has any dust particles on the paint risks those tiny marks as dust is abrasive.  Rolling the cover on is better but still not completely immune.  I have a thick cotton cover that I'd put on the soft top, which had been folded in such a way that I could unfold the front, back and sides to lay it on the panels rather than dragging it.  But I've not used that for many years, I found that over winter in the garage it would prevent air moving around and the interior got musty and even slight green mould on the steering wheel.  Now in winter I leave the windows open and the roadster top up just in case the flat roof should start to leak as they all do eventually.  Over time and use a layer of dust builds up and in low sunlight through the side window it really shows up, but on 30 year-old paint it doesn't really bother me and it just washes off prior to an event anyway.  That paint has always shown the dust, it seems to attract it, whereas the V8 repainted a couple of years ago seems to stay dust-free.  I still wouldn't drag a cover over it though.

PaulH.