[Mgs] maybe to save others some time and frustration

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Mon Aug 17 01:35:53 MDT 2020

Depends on the rear springs.  On an MGB at least when fully fitted out and sitting on its wheels there should be a curve in the rebound straps, which means they can be fitted and removed easily without any additional weight.  However for some time springs were way too hard and/or arched which jacked the rear right up and additional weight had to be added to compress them enough.  It's hardly surprising that without an engine/gearbox higher, although I do remember someone asking why his suspension was fully extended front and rear, with engine and gearbox fitted, and he only mentioned later that it was on a rotator ...