[Mgs] Ridiculous nw cars

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Tue Mar 10 08:22:10 MDT 2020

With you whole-heartedly.  Plus stupid front driving lights that flash on and off every time you twitch the steering wheel distracting every one else; stupid indicator talks that return to the centre when you indicate and have to be pushed the other way to cancel them ... but go to far and they start flashing the other way; ditto main/dip stalks where you don't know whether they are on or off simply by feeling the position of the stalk; stupid light clusters that are a triumph of 'styling' over function and you don't see come on unless you are looking right at them, and then only if the sun isn't at a particular angle; big-brother systems that in real-time transmit back to the manufacturer exactly where you are and what you are doing down to which door was opened when.  Let alone the removal of any and all feedback as to what is happening between the car and the road and the driving 'experience' is reduced to sitting in an armchair watching TV - which is about all the attention drivers of them pay to what it going on outside.

My MG ZS 180 is 15 years old, has only done 50k but I'm going to have to replace it soon because spares are getting harder and harder to find.  I have a B roadster and a factory V8 and use them in preference, but am not willing to 'sacrifice' them to winter salt.

PaulH.