Running Rich

Jacuzzi jacuzzi2313@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 04:44:04 -0700 (PDT)

Yes I am running the OEM jets.  While I'm asking questions, does anybody know where to get the rubber gasget that seals the sparkplug to the ignition wire?  It's getting pretty torn up everytime I check the plugs for fouling.

Also, how long should OEM air filters last?  I found the K&N replacements for $41 each.

Jacuzzi

Craig Goldstein <Craigmri@earthlink.net> wrote:
Rob,

I'm no mechanic but I did stay in a Holiday Inn express last night ;-)

The most accurate method of determining how your running as you know is to
inspect your spark plugs. If both look the same and appear really dark
carbon fouled I would simply change the needle settings to a leaner position
or two and move them both the same. Change plugs.....run for a couple
hundred miles and re-inspect.

I am assuming here that your Stage one kit only included notched needles.
You are running the OEM jets correct?

Craig
MIG #2

-----Original Message-----
From: migcruisers-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:migcruisers-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Jacuzzi
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 9:23 PM
To: migcruisers@autox.team.net
Subject: Running Rich

Here's a question. I have a 2001 Marauder with a Stage 1 Dynojet kit and
Cobra Slip-ons. I have 12,000 miles and suffer from running overly rich. I
went to a hotter type plug, but to no avail.

I'm looking for suggestions. Should I:
a.. Replace the air filters with stock K&N's? $41 each at Competition
Accessories.
b.. Change the needle setting to a leaner position?
c.. Both?
Experience, opinions, I'll take whatever I get.

Thanks
Jacuzzi #2313