Intruder 800 and 1400

Michel Cain mnjcain2@yahoo.com
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 06:13:54 -0700 (PDT)

If the Intruder 1400 came from the fatory with mag wheels instead of spokes, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I lo\ike the riding position (crotch rockets hurt my back) and the king/queen seat is great for passengers.

As a former owner of a Maxim 650 shaft drive, I really loved the feel when getting on the throttle and the lower maintenance of the shaft. But when I sold it, the Marauder's looks caught my eye and I hung a picture on the fridge til I owned one. My wife was glad to see the full page ad leave the kitchen. I was glad to have a bike again.

Now the Marauder 1600 is what I will probably move to next. Might not be til next year but I can wait.

The '97 Marauder only has 10k on it nad should serve me well until I replace it with the 1600.

Just my two bike related cents....from central New HAmpshire where it's going to be in the 80's today and I HAD to drive the truck! Sucks to be me sometimes.

Mike #211
Live Free or Die!

Wayne Coffin <wwrc@comcast.net> wrote:
The 800 started as a 700, then a 750, then finally an 800. I don't know
when those changes occurred, but I beleive the first was early 90's the
second in the mid 90's. The 700 was intriduced in 87, the 1400 in 88. The
1400 was actually at the very top of the cc wars in those days. The 14 was
a 4-speed until 97 when it became 5-speed.

IMO, it really has the best lines of any of the chopperish bikes. It's
almost a 20-year old design, which has not to be right up there for
longevity. It sould use some updating, but I won't be getting rid of mine
anytime soon.

Wayne