MIG New

Gammon gammon@optonline.net
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 01:56:10 -0500

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Eric, Doodles - I don't see changing MIG as you guys think it can be changed,
but I invite you to do it. <br>
I feel that there is room for another list, not instead of the old list,
but in addition. I know that you don't agree, and I am sorry to feel compelled
to do it anyway. You are welcome to join if you wish. I'd love a reason to
discontinue it, but that won't happen.<br>
I'm not posting the list info to the main list, cause I don't want to just
yet. I want to get it going with a dozen or so members and work out the ground
rules.<br>
MIG has evolved into a non- Marauder/Intruder mail chat list. I don't really
read much anymore, since it is mostly BS. There are only a few of us who
do it the old way. Craig never liked the hard edge, and I've grown weary
of it. It has evolved as it should, on it's own. It has a life of it's own
and I am not interested in changing it. Allan, Kev, Don, Rich, et al are
the active posters, and they have their own idea of what MIG mail is. I say
let them!<br>
Don't we have a right to our own list? I'm not unsubscribing from the old
list!<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:ejboehm@optonline.net">ejboehm@optonline.net</a> wrote:<br>
 cite="mid2ba9ff2b859e.2b859e2ba9ff@optonline.net">
  <pre wrap="">It takes more than just one person, Jim.  I agree you've more than done your part, but we all need to keep it up.  I just think that separation of any kind will be a major blow to an already weak "coalition".  Probably very counterproductive.  I've already noticed the tone on the list changing for the better.  Let's see if we can nurture that rather than slapping it silly.

    Eric
  </pre>
  <hr width="90%" size="4"><br>
 class="header-part1">
    <tbody>
Re: MIG New</td>
Gammon <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:gammon@optonline.net">&lt;gammon@optonline.net&gt;</a></td>
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 20:26:30 -0500</td>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:ejboehm@optonline.net">ejboehm@optonline.net</a></td>
    </tbody>

  <title></title>
     SOunds good, but I've been trying that for years. I don't curse, I posted
ride reports everytime I fired the bike up. I have tried to answer most requests.<br>
 I communicated my idea of what mig should be.<br>
 What did I miss? The noise drowned me out.<br>
 JimG<br>
 <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:ejboehm@optonline.net">ejboehm@optonline.net</a>
wrote:<br>

 cite="mid2648ee269809.2698092648ee@optonline.net">
    <pre wrap="">I really think that the simple act of announcing the creation of a new list will serve to further divide this group.

What I really think we need is more participation of the kind we desire to see on the list to drown out the "noise".  If we all do our parts to raise the level of discussion on the list, I think we'll see some positive improvement.

    Eric 379