A close one

Julie Anhorn suzukirider800@shaw.ca
Sat, 20 Aug 2005 18:46:43 -0600

Hi all,

Today I decided to go for a ride, if the bank was willing.  Yes!  The bank
said I could go today (and even tomorrow)!!  I was so excited I could hardly
wait.  Get ready, make sure I have everything I need.  It's going to be a hot
day and should be good for a ride.
Left about 1 p.m.  Ya, I know, late starter lol Trip to Medicine Hat, my old
home town, and Tino's - the best burgers for miles!  The trip there was
typical.  Two lane highway, too much traffic and lots of impatient people.
Passing even though there's traffic coming.  This is the first time though
that I actually lifted my hand in the air as if to say "what the hell you
doin'?"  It was a little too close for comfort.  But all in all, a good trip
there.  Medicine Hat is actually 2 hrs NE of where I live but it is usually
hotter by a couple of degrees.  I could feel the heat building the closer I
got.
Get my burgers, 2 to take home and one to eat :-)  and a tiger milkshake
mmmmm.  Hang around for about an hour and decide it's time to take off and
head back home.  Stop to get gas at a PetroCan and got the best service!!  The
gentleman got the gas hose for me, held the door open for me to go into the
building and held the door open for me to leave the building lol  Cute too :-)
Trip back was good, hot though.  stopped about 110 km later to fill gas in
Taber and grabbed some shade and water for a bit.  I was looking for shade all
the way home but this is the prairies - no darn trees for miles!  And if there
are trees, they certainly aren't placed conveniently along the highway lol   I
was tempted to take off the chaps - it was so hot, but figured no, I'll put
them back on <sigh>  Better to be safe.
Go through Lethbridge, only 10 km more to go and I'm home.  What's this??
Some punk on a cell phone, talking and driving and not watching a damn thing
he's doing.  Crosses 2 lanes and is about to enter my lane.  I'm right beside
him, I see the front tire crossing into my lane.  Thank goodness I was
speeding, if I hadn't been I certainly wouldn't be here typing this right now.
As it was, I was able to speed up and just sneak past him, yelling and
screaming all the way.  He did cross into my lane right after I got past him
and a 1/4 mile later crosses back into the other lane.  He did stay well away
from me, chickensh**.  My arms started shaking, but I said no, you can react
when you get home.  Got home, sick to my stomach, bathroom first lol  and get
the hard stuff - ice cold water lol  And I did the most girly thing - I
started crying and couldn't stop.  That is the closest I've ever come to
getting hit while riding.
Hmm, wonder what tomorrow brings - I'm heading for the mountains - should be
just wonderful traffic--a Sunday in the most congested tourist zone there is.
Yippee.

Julie

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0533-5, 08/20/2005
Tested on: 8/20/05 6:46:47 PM