Trip to the mountains

Julie Anhorn suzukirider800@shaw.ca
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:41:24 -0600

Hi all,

Well let me first say that 6 hours of riding will cure a person of almost
anything.
It was a nice, warm, calm morning but I didn't get going until 1 p.m. again.
I had to wait for a certain store to open.  I was really nervous all morning
thinking about going for a ride today.  I was thinking of anything I could to
get myself talked out of it.  That's when I knew I had to go no matter what
excuse I came up with.  It would have been real nice to have someone to come
with me today, if for nothing other than moral support.  As I backed the bike
out of it's resting place my heart was pounding and it was starting to get
difficult to breath.  I managed to get myself calmed down a bit lol  and
finished packing up the bike.  But first I cleaned this and that, did
something here, something there.  All small tasks made to procrastinate.
Finally there was nothing left to do but get on and ride.
By the time I left the wind was blowing - of course!  I'm going west where it
will only get worse!  I had already decided to take all back roads to the
Crowsnest Pass which is almost on the British Columbia/Alberta border.
Normally a 2 hour ride.  With all the back roads I managed to stretch that to
3 hours.   I had a head wind most of the way which was manageable, and the odd
time I caught a sidewind.  I stopped and got a snack to take to Crowsnest Lake
which is at the border.  Wandered around a bit to get the circulation moving
again and went back to the bike to start my snack.  This (cute lol - sorry
Craig lol) trucker jumps out of his truck and ambles over to where I was
standing.  He was from Arkansas and had brought up a load of 12' tires for the
coal mine.  I chuckled to myself cos he was complaining how cold it was here
at nite lol  We had a wonderful conversation - he explained he used to have a
bike till he got divorced - and then I had to head back home.  I hate leaving
the mountains.  I did a few revs for Grumpy and went on my way.
With the wind at my back I hardly used any gas at all.  Going there I think I
spent around $15 gas and on the way back $5 lol
I was pretty jumpy at first - people passing me in the lane beside me or
approaching the road made me nervous but I'm all better now :-)

Julie

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0533-5, 08/20/2005
Tested on: 8/21/05 7:41:26 PM