NBR

Curtis Jenkins curtis_j@pacbell.net
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 18:10:27 -0700 (PDT)

I'm glad to hear that you are having good luck with your VTX - many, many people are - I just wasn't one of them.

Good luck getting Honda to accept any responsibility for any defect or problem - they give 'stonewalling' an entirely new meaning.  I hope they get their corporate asses nailed to the cross.

CJ

Robert Williams <robbo1@optonline.net> wrote:
I saw the road glide on Sunday, nice bike! and the sound system really
rocks. The Street bob looks good but I don't know if I'd go that route now.
I was wondering why HD didn't put the 6-speed trans in any of the touring
models. It only comes stock in the FX's. wouldn't it make more sense to put
it in the FL's ?
CJ, I heard you say that you weren't happy with the VTX. I couldn't be
happier with mine. I've put about 8k miles on it. couple a oil changes are
the only maintenence that was needed. I am concerned about things I'm
hearing with the wheel bearings. There is talk of a class action lawsuit to
try to get honda to do a recall.
Wet Willie
-----Original Message-----
From: migcruisers-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:migcruisers-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Jacuzzi
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 3:43 PM
To: migcruisers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NBR

If that's your thinking, then I really would take a look at the Road
Glide. I personally like the look of the shark snorkel better than
the Electra Glide. I also like the cleaner looks, I agree with your
taste about the RK Custom. I like the clean fenders and turn signals
of the Custome, which are also on the Road Glide. And they are both
priced the same. The guage package, AM/FM CD player, extra storage
all make the Road Glide very appealing to me.

The support network, parts availability, and service availability of a
Harley can't be argued with either.

If you see one on the east coast, between me and Jim G., we should be
able to get a peek at it for you, and set it up for transport out
west. I don't know how many other MIG's would be willing to make you
that offer, but you can count on the two of us at the very least.
I've got Connecticut, Massechussetts, and Western New York, NYC, and
Long Island covered for you. Heck, if it's warm enough, I might even
go to Eastern PA or Southern New Hampshire or Southern Vermont!

Rob