[Mig] MIG N/E Fall Foliage Run - October 23, 2005!

Curtis Jenkins curtis_j@pacbell.net
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 18:29:47 -0700 (PDT)

... and, don't forget, a bike.

CJ

Jacuzzi <jacuzzi2313@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
You're only a round trip ticket away...

Curtis Jenkins <curtis_j@pacbell.net> wrote: Another one missed ...

CJ

ejboehm@optonline.net wrote:
I had been waiting for Rob to announce his ride, and now that that's done...

Announcing the 7th Annual MIG Northeast Fall Foliage Run!!

Date - Sunday, October 23, 2005
Time - 10:30am (meet starting at 9am)
Place - Budd Lake First Aid & Rescue Squad
365 Route 46, Budd Lake, NJ 07828

We'll be riding a route through northwest NJ and northeast PA (with maybe a little southern NY thrown in). There will, of course, be a lunch stop. I haven't completely finished the route, but as usual, it'll be some of the finest backroads this area has to offer.

The new location has bathrooms available and a Dunkin' Donuts right next door. This should help to alleve the concerns a few folks have raised about not having a spot for some coffee and some relief. Plus, it's easy to find

Directions:

>From the East (NYC {George Washington Bridge}, Bergen & Passaic counties, etc.):

Take I-80 West (about 42 miles from the GWB) to Exit 26, US 46 West Budd Lake/Hackettstown. At the bottom of the ramp you'll be on US 46 westbound. Continue west on Route 46 for about 3.2 miles. Budd Lake First Aid & Rescue Squad will be on the left after passing Budd Lake on the right. Park toward the rear of the lot.

>From New England & Upstate NY:

Take I-87 (New York Thruway) to I-287 south into NJ. Follow I-287 south about 25 miles to Exit 41B, I-80 West. Take I-80 West about 17 miles to Exit 26, US 46 West - Budd Lake/Hackettstown. At the bottom of the ramp you'll be on US 46 westbound. Continue west on Route 46 for about 3.2 miles. Budd Lake First Aid & Rescue Squad will be on the left after passing Budd Lake on the right. Park toward the rear of the lot.

>From the Southeast (Union, Essex, eastern Morris counties):

Take NJ Route 24 to I-287 in the Morristown area. Take I-287 north to Exit 41B. Take I-80 West about 17 miles to Exit 26, US 46 West - Budd Lake/Hackettstown. At the bottom of the ramp you'll be on US 46 westbound. Continue west on Route 46 for about 3.2 miles. Budd Lake First Aid & Rescue Squad will be on the left after passing Budd Lake on the right. Park toward the rear of the lot.

>From the Southwest & South (Phila. area, central, southern NJ):

Get to I-287 Northbound in the Bridgewater area (use NJ Turnpike, GSP, US202, US 22, I-78, etc.). Follow I-287 north to exit 22B, US 202/206 north. Keep left to remain on US 206 north where 202 and 206 split. Continue about 17 miles north on US 206 to I-80. Keep left and follow the ramp onto I-80. Stay in the right hand lane and immediately exit at Exit 26, US 46 West - Budd Lake/Hackettstown. At the bottom of the ramp you'll be on US 46 westbound. Continue west on Route 46 for about 3.2 miles. Budd Lake First Aid & Rescue Squad will be on the left after passing Budd Lake on the right. Park toward the rear of the lot.

>From the North - (Sussex County, northeast PA):

Take US 206 south into Byram Township. Keep right at the split between NJ 183 and US 206. Bear right onto International Drive (signs for Waterloo Village). Follow International Drive to US 46. Turn right onto US 46 westbound. Continue west on Route 46 for about 2.9 miles. Budd Lake First Aid & Rescue Squad will be on the left after passing Budd Lake on the right. Park toward the rear of the lot.