NBR

Jacuzzi jacuzzi2313@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 05:08:25 -0700 (PDT)

True, from a certain point of view.  The Revolution engine, the name for the V-Rod Porsche designed motor, is liquid cooled and designed to deliver high horsepower at high RPM's.  This is not your traditional Harley motor.  This is also not the big luxo-tourer that I think CJ is after.  So from a technical standpoint, you could argue that the Revolution motor is better, but from CJ's point of view, he's still looking at the Evo vs. the Twin Cam.

Both motors have their advantages, the Twin Cam is a newer technology, and has significant differences from the Evo.

Jacuzzi

The Gammons <gammon@optonline.net> wrote:
I agree with Craig, though I have not ridden either one enough to say. The VRod is Porsche designed, and I'm told a much better motor.

JimG

----- Original Message -----
From: Curtis Jenkins
To: craigmri@earthlink.net ; Curtis Jenkins ; The Gammons ; MIG JimG
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 12:42 AM
Subject: Re: NBR

Thanks Craig - that's the kind of input I am looking for!

CJ

Craig Goldstein wrote:
Twin cam is the ONLY way to go. I dont care if its couter balanced or
not...The Evo motor is an antique. I've tested a bunch of soft tails and
really like that new motor. I like the V-Rod motor even more however.

Craig

away from the pre-'99 H-Ds because of the Evo motor - I would appreciate
any thoughts/discussion. Thx!