[Mini] Sh!tbox Rally 2013 Australia - in a Mini!

Brett Nicholson brett at nicho.id.au
Tue Apr 2 17:58:56 MDT 2013

Hi,

I should have updated everyone of what I have been up to with this event
earlier.  This list is so quiet these days I tend to forget it exists.  :(

A mate and I have entered in the Sh!tbox Rally in a 1969 Mini Van.  In May
the 2013 Rally goes from Adelaide to Uluru and then to Fremantle in Western
Australia via rough dirt roads.  It's not a competitive rally, it's a test
of survival with the goal of getting as many of the cars to the end as
possible.  The rally is around 4,000km in six days but with getting to the
start point and driving home again from the finish we expect to cover
around 10,000km in total over three weeks.

The rally rules state that the maximum you can spend on your car is
$1,000AU. Each team must raise a minimum of $4,000AU in sponsorship and
donations for the Cancer Council.

Most teams buy a rubbish 90's car and just drive it.  We were donated this
very rusty Mini Van and fixed it up using mostly donated parts.  We fired
it up and drove it out of the garage for the first time just a few days
ago.   If you are on Facebook and are interested in seeing more you can
find us here:

https://www.facebook.com/TeamBMC2013

We also have a bit of info on the official site here, which is not updated
as often:

http://fundraise.shitboxrally.com.au/team_bmc

Cheers,
Brett