[Mini] Long shot: DIY speedo cable pulse encoder technique

Dr John C Bullas john.bullas at gmail.com
Wed May 4 15:03:47 MDT 2016

Howdy!

Anyone any ideas as to how to reliably & successfully fix a small rotating
disc onto the end of the speedo cable

Basically I want to take a pulse count (magnetic or optical detector <B#5)
off the speedo cable to push out a multiplied or divided pulse
 into an Arduino mega (B#4) out to a stepper motor & controller (B#3) on the
back of the speedo head

This will enable me to fine tune the speed shown on the speedo easily and
cheaply without trying to
second guess any ratios AND preserve the odometer function (something lost
if the speedo is "tweaked")

cheers then, thanks then, cheers then, thanks then...**

Dr B

** as per the standard show of thanks offered by staff at the Museum of
Everything (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00ffykq/episodes/player /

--