[Morgans] Morgan outting

Jhalfdime at aol.com Jhalfdime at aol.com
Sat Oct 25 08:13:53 MDT 2008

Hi Glenn,
     Naturally today's weather is cold, damp, gray, and showery...not exactly
Morganing weather!   There's always a silver lining to these things as I
would wager that the +4 was within a couple of years of a new front end and
recore
for the radiator.   Thanks to the 'hittee' her dime covered that as she'd hit
me so hard she bent BOTH stub axles, the crossmember (Into which I'd tacked
1" solid cold rolled stock for strength and rigidity...she still bent it!), as
well as turning the radiator into a parellelogram!
     Sorry you weren't able to get down this way, maybe next year?
AutumnMog will likely be at Saratoga Springs again, great meet, fun roads, a
super
auto museum, and much more.
     The fuel tank, even original, could be larger, but with the
joints/muscles/etc. stiffening after a couple of hours, more frequent stops
are usually
welcome!
     Safe winter, here's to a fun spring!!
C & HM,
     Jim

In a message dated 10/25/08 9:28:13 AM, reneglen at vaxxine.com writes:

> B B  Jim
>
> Good to hear you are back on the road. What a shame to have lost a complete
> season over the accident.
>
> We had planned to get down your way this year but the rains made it
> impossible to enjoy "Toymog" for more than two or three days at a time. We
> got in most of the planned events up here with only one that included rain,
> lots of rain. Sorry you did not even get that opportunity.
>
> B  Toymog has been a complete success and is a plessure to drive. We are
> still waiting for the seats to be finished. I should have taken them to a
> full time shop, but one day?
>
> B  I did not change the fuel tank and I now find it small. I should have
> checked the size out on rebuild but the Toyota motor was an after thought.
> get about 200 km per tank full of fuel (8 1/2 gal)B  By that time I need to
> get out and stretch the legs anyway. I think the season is over here now
and
> I am doing up small things ready for next year.
>
> CheersB B  GlennB  B  Grimsby, Canada

Halfdime